- At Brainy Bytes we understand that every child is different and brings their own set of tools, needs and experience to every class. We do expect the students to be on their best behavior during their time with us, but also realize that some students may have conditions and circumstances that may make this task unusually difficult on any given day. Our instructors are highly trained to pay attention to the needs of every student. Their goal is to make sure the entire class is benefiting and enjoying the time spent with us. Any discipline issues we may come across are handle on an individual basis so that we can take into consideration all side and aspects of the situation. We don't cookie cut our discipline policy because we know, no two kids are alike and we don't won't to treat them that way. When issues arise we will work with the students and the families to come to the best solution. This may include, one-on-one with student, time away to cool down, parent assistance on reinforcement of class guidelines, separation of conflicting students, extra assistance brought in to help when needed, and more. We always keep communication open with parents and school staff. If the situation involves physically touching or threatening, verbal abuse or threats, and other physical or verbal behavior that may be viewed as bullying, we will follow county school guidelines and immediately get the parents and school involved in any/all measures deemed necessary. Extreme circumstances may warrant dismissing a child from a class because of conduct, but this is only after all other attempts to work with said student, facility staff and parents has failed. Our goal is to make sure that every child in a classroom is learning, growing and having fun, while at the same time being considerate and mindful of those around them. To help us with this, we ask the parents to let us know of any learning or other limitations/concerns prior to the first session. That way our trained instructors will be aware of the needs of your child and the others in the class.
- The equipment and software that the students use remains with Brainy Bytes. We provide CDs and other copies of children’s work so that they may continue to enjoy their work after the class is over. Since many families already own the equipment and/or software we use in our classes, we don’t want to increase the cost of the courses to include equipment or software to take home (sometimes called “lab fees”). We would be happy to tell you how to get your own copies (we don’t sell the equipment or software ourselves).
- Computer users agree not to do anything that changes the current computer configurations. This includes installing programs or updates of any kind, adding or changing passwords to programs or sign on screens, changing hardware or operating system configurations in any way, and downloading software (except GameMaker Games from the GameMaker Website). Users may NOT change the desktop wallpaper and resolution. Any alterations require the permission of an instructor. Users also agree not to attempt to gain access to other computers on the store’s Local Area Network, or to attempt to gain access to other computers over the internet in an illegal manner.
- Users may access the internet for legitimate uses (research, robot designs, game sprites). Users may not access any sites that include nudity, sexual content, inappropriate language, hate speech, content demeaning to individuals or groups, graphic images, or other content inappropriate for 6-14 year olds.
- For those activities where payment in advance has not been received, payment in full is expected at the time of drop off/program start time.
- Class cancellations: If the School District or the school where the activity is held is closed due to inclement weather or some other reason, Brainy Bytes will not hold classes that day. This is for the safety of your children and our employees. (See policies above).
- Brainy Bytes LLC does not discriminate for any reasons in admitting children to programs or in its hiring practices.
- Brainy Bytes, LLC is committed to providing a safe environment for children. Therefore it is our policy to run a national background check on all employees before they are able to work with children in our programs.
- Brainy Bytes is not licensed and is not required to be licensed by the state of Georgia. Exemption documents can be found at www.decal.ga.gov or contact 404-657-5562.
- A copy of our liability insurance is available upon request.
Reservation & Refund Policy
- Full payment is due at time of registration to reserve a space in a summer camp session.
- $75 of the payment is a non-refundable deposit, the remainder of the fee is refundable up to 4 weeks prior to the camp. After that time, there are no refunds available unless the space is filled by another child on the waiting list.
- However, up to one week before camp date, you may request to change your week of camp as long as there is space available. There is a $15 fee for changing a camp after May 1st. Due to staffing considerations and the difficulty to fill your child's space within one week of the date, we cannot accommodate camp changes after that time.
Please note that camps changed within the three week period of time will not be available for a refund of any type at a future date.
If payments need to be arranged, please contact us directly for reservation placement. (Credit card is required to hold spot)
School Year Programs :
- Full payment is required to reserve a space in a program.
For cancellations a week or more before the event, 50% payment will be charged. The full fee will be charged for cancellations 6 days or less before the start of the event..
- For changes more than 24 hour before the event, a $15 change fee per reservation will be charged.
If a child misses after school group because of illness or injury, no refund is made.
- If a child misses a program because of inclement weather or through some fault of the school/county we will make every attempt to reschedule the time missed but can not make any guarantees due to school/organization schedules. Refunds will not be given but the following will be done when possible.
1 day missed - lesson will be made up in future class or added to the remaining classes.
- Subsequent days - If additional days are missed we will make up the day if possible but can not add any further additional time to the end of classes.
- If a child misses a program because of some fault of Brainy Bytes', the day will be made up completely or they will receive $20 credit for another activity. Refunds will not be given.
- A credit card number, expiration date, phone number and billing zip code are required to reserve a birthday party space.
- A $50, non-refundable deposit will be charged upon reserving your date (this will go towards your total due). The credit card will not be charged the remaining due until after the event unless there is a cancellation.
- For cancellations 2 weeks or less before the event, an additional $50 cancellation fee will be charged.
- For cancellations more than 2 weeks before the event, no additional charges but your deposit will be held.
- For time changes less than 2 weeks before the original date, a $50 time change fee will be charged.
- For time changes more than 2 weeks before the original date, a $25 time change fee will be charged.
Late Pick - Up Policy (for camps and after-school)
- All children should be picked up promptly at the appropriate time. The following is the price list for late pick up: 1-5 minutes - free, 5-10 minutes - $10, $1 for each minute thereafter